To restrict access to an application on a device, WizyEMM offers three options:
- Restrict the device from only installing whitelisted apps (restricted Play store configuration).
- Open the device to all public apps on Google Play, but block certain applications (open Play store configuration)
- Install an application on the device, but disable it.
Below is a quick explanation of the difference between the install-type Blocked and the option to disable an application.
- Blocked in an application install-type. A blocked application cannot be installed on the device. If the blocked application is already present on the device, then it will be uninstalled.
- Disabled is an option you can select for an application. A disabled application turns grey, and cannot be used anymore. Disabling an application on a device does not delete any application data: the app data remains accessible. Note: certain core Android system applications (e.g. Settings) cannot be disabled. To restrict access to these core system apps, you must give them an install type blocked.