There are 5 different install types, which are accessible depending on your Play Store and Kiosk configurations:
- Available: Lists the application in the managed Google Play store accessible from the device. The user can install and uninstall the application anytime
- Blocked: Blocks the installation of the application. The user cannot install the blocked application.
- Force installed: Force installs the application on managed devices. Force installed applications cannot be uninstalled from the device.
- Preinstalled: Preinstalls the application on managed devices. Preinstalled applications can be uninstalled from the device.
- Primary: This must be used in you wish to enable a single app kiosk. This application will be displayed in full screen, hiding all other kiosk applications. This install type can be used if you wish to have a single-app kiosk. Other applications can still run in the background, but won't be displayed on the device.
Read more about the Play Store configuration here.
Read more about the kiosk mode here.
Below is the table of correspondence between install type and configuration: