With the release of version 4.3.1, StageNow supports enrollment with WizyEMM. There are no changes to adopt when enrolling a device compared to other MDMs.
- You need to use StageNow version 4.3.1 minimum
You can enroll a Zebra device into WizyEMM with StageNow two different ways:
- With the "Configure Zero Touch Network" wizard, if your Zebra device is Android zero-touch compatible. Read more on this Zebra guide for StageNow with Zero Touch.
- With the "XpertConfig" wizard. With this wizard, you can enroll a device in the Device Owner mode by directly pushing the apk of our agent to your Zebra devices. The four main steps to enrolling a device into an MDM with StageNow are:
- Network Manager (Connect to Wi-Fi)
- File Manager (Deploy agent APK)
- App Manager (Install agent APK)
- Intent Manager (Make installed APK a Device Owner)
Using the XpertConfig wizard, you need to add and configure 2 steps to your StageNow profile.
XpertConfig step 1: MDM Enrollment
You can refer to this Zebra guide for MDM enrollment with StageNow for the full guide.
- There is no Support App, or Config file to download in the process. You can skip these steps.
- At the step Download MDM, you should configure the following:
- Target Path and File Name on device: /sdcard/AndroidDevicePolicy.apk
- Source File Location: Click on the 3 dots to open widget
- Staging server: External
- Source Path and File Name: https://play.google.com/managed/downloadManagingApp?identifier=setup
XpertConfig step 2: Intent
This allows you to pass a JSON file to our MDM agent and makes the agent a Device Owner (DO). To do this, you must set the following:
- Action: "Enroll a device owner"
- Package name: com.google.android.apps.work.clouddpc
- Class name: com.google.android.apps.work.clouddpc/.receivers.CloudDeviceAdminReceiver
- Json Values: Choose Json File
- To create the Json File, copy the below lines into a text file. Replace "Enter enrollment token here" with the enrollment token that gets generated when you create a profile in WizyEMM. Be sure that the enrollment token is within the quotes
"com.google.android.apps.work.clouddpc.EXTRA_ENROLLMENT_TOKEN":"Enter enrollment token here"
Once these steps are configured, you can review and publish your StageNow profile.
Check out the Zebra documentation here on how to publish a StageNow profile, and enroll devices.