Use the Kiosk Mode profile configuration to restrict a device to a custom kiosk display. Kiosk Mode replaces the standard device home screen with a customizable interface that provides the device user access to authorized applications and websites only.
The following configurations are available:
- Apps per row: define the number of applications you would like to appear per row on your managed devices. Application icons automatically resize to fit into your device screens.
- Kiosk wallpaper URL: define a kiosk wallpaper with an image hosted online. You can use https://imgbb.com/ to host images online for free.
- Navigation buttons: disable Navigation buttons if your kiosk is a single-app kiosk (application with "Primary" install type)
Once the kiosk mode is enabled, you must select the install types of the applications in your kiosk:
- Primary: There can be only ONE primary application. This application will be displayed in full screen, hiding all other kiosk applications. This install type can be used if you wish to have a single-app kiosk. Other applications can still run in the background, but won't be displayed on the device.
- Force installed: Force installs the application on managed devices. Force installed applications cannot be uninstalled from the device.
It is possible to hide an application in kiosk mode, with the Hide Kiosk App feature. If activated for a specific application while in kiosk mode, the application will not appear on the device, but will run nevertheless in the background.