Some customers may need to sideload applications on devices, bypassing the managed Google Play store. Though we recommend to manage your private applications through the managed Google Play store to benefit from the automatic updates, configurations and security features; you can also push and manage sideloaded apps.
>> To push a sideloaded application to your devices:
From your WizyEMM console:
- Enable the "Allow install from unknown sources" policy in the Policies tab of your profiles
- Disable the "restricted Google Play store" policy in the Applications tab of your profiles
- Push and install the apk file to your devices, through the Install APK option, located in the Actions or Mass actions drop-down list in the Device List tab
- The devices on which you pushed the apk will receive a message asking the user to confirm application installation. The user must accept this, otherwise the installation of the app will fail.
Your sideloaded application is now installed on your devices. However, if you turn on the restricted Play store or the kiosk mode, your application will be removed from your devices because it is not yet in your WizyEMM profile policies.
>> To include your sideloaded app in your WizyEMM profiles:
- Make sure you have the Name and Package Name of your sideloaded application.
- Inside the Managed Applications tab, under Application Management, click on the Add button found on the top left, and indicate the Application Name and Package Name of your sideloaded application.
- In the Profile Management, click on the WizyEMM profile your device is enrolled in
- In the Applications tab of your profile, scroll down and click on the blue button named Choose Applications (Note: This will lead you to the list of applications you have in your Managed Applications tab)
- Locate the application you've just sideloaded and make sure that it is ticked to have it added on your profile's applications list. Click OK.
>> To configure a sideloaded application:
If you have added your sideloaded application in your WizyEMM profile, you'll be able to configure it the same way you would configure a Google Play application. Learn more.