Some customers may need to sideload applications on devices, bypassing the managed Google Play store.
Though we recommend to manage your private and public applications through the managed Google Play store to benefit from the automatic updates, configurations and security features; you can also push and manage sideloaded apps.
>> To push a sideloaded application:
From your WizyEMM console:
- Enable the "Allow install from unknown sources" policy in the Policies tab of your profiles
- Disable the "restricted Google Play store" policy in the Applications tab of your profiles
- Push the apk file to your devices, either through USB, or through the push file feature
- Manually install the sideloaded application on your devices
- To include your sideloaded app in the restricted Play store mode and your kiosk devices: Contact us through our support and provide us with the Name and Package Name of your sideloaded application, and we will include it in your Managed Applications. From there, you'll be able to whitelist and configure your sideloaded application.
>> To manage a sideloaded application:
If the previous step 5 was completed, you'll be able to configure your sideloaded app the same way you would configure a Google Play application. Learn more.