Users of the WizyEMM console can remote view all enrolled Android devices, and can remote control supported manufacturers.
To remote view a device, no additional add-on is required.
To remote control a device, an additional add-on is required to install on your devices. The list is given below.
>> To remote view or control a device:
From your WizyEMM console:
- (if remote control) Be sure to push the Remote Control Add-on to your devices, corresponding to the device manufacturer. The list of add-ons is given below. To check how to push applications on devices, check out this article.
- Go to the Device List tab, under Fleet Management
- Go to a specific device page by clicking on its Serial Number
- Click on remote control tab
- Wait for a few seconds for the control control session to begin
- At the end of the remote control session, click on "Exit Menu" at the bottom left of the screen
- Your device needs to be unlocked and online for the remote control session to start
- Remote view works on all Android devices.
- Supported manufacturers for remote control are:
- Point Mobile
- Zebra (specific setup required)
Remote Control Add-ons (needed for remote control feature)
|Remote Control Add-on
|Mobility Edge products (CT40, CK65, CT60, VM1A, CN80, VM3A)
|D75e and alike series
|CN51 and alike series
|Zebra (specific setup required)
|Android 7+ with MX v8.3+
Remote Control switch for Local and Regional Administrators
You may have noticed that there is an additional switch for the Remote Control feature under the Configuration tab inside a profile:
This switch is only applicable for Local and Regional Administrators, to indicate if they have Remote Control access or not.
Enabling the switch will give access to the Local and Regional Administrators of your console. Meanwhile, disabling it will prevent the Local and Regional Administrators to perform Remote Control activities on your devices. The Remote Control device action should also be unavailable for said roles.
Please don't hesitate to contact us through our help center if you have any questions.