Geofencing can be useful if you only want your devices to be active in a predefined geographic area.
WizyEMM enables you to create circular geofences, and to lock devices when they leave the gofence.
>> To set up a geofence:
From your WizyEMM console:
- Go to the Geolocation tab, under Fleet Tracking
- Move the map to desired location, or search location via the search bar
- Click on the button New Geofence on the top right corner
- Click on the map first to pinpoint the center of the geofence, and a second time to pinpoint the extremity of the geofence
- Modify the radius of the geofence on the menu to the left of the map if needed
- Assign a label to the geofence
- Indicate whether you want WizyEMM to lock devices leaving the geofence
- The accuracy of the geofence depends on the accuracy of the device geolocation. Be sure to enable a High Accuracy location mode in the Profile into which the device is enrolled.
- The geofencing feature and lock capabilities also works offline for devices under Android 8 and above.