The Applications section offers a complete set of options to determine which applications are installed unto devices, how they are installed, and with which configurations.
1. Play Store Configuration
WizyEMM has two choices for the availability of applications on the device:
- The restricted Play Store means that the public Play Store is not accessible. Only the applications selected in the Profile will be available.
- The unrestricted Play Store means that the public Play Store is fully accessible. Applications can then be blacklisted in the Profile.
2. Auto Update Configuration
Choose the best policy to auto-update the applications in your context
- Always: Automatic update as soon as available
- User choice: The user decides when to update
- Never: No update
- Wifi only: Auto update as soon as the device is connected over Wifi
3. Select and Manage the Applications in the Profile
Step 1: Select applications from your Managed Apps
You need to manually select the applications you wish to manage on this profile.
Click on the Applications dropdown list to select each Application you want to include and manage in this profile.
If you have a lot of Applications, you can search for a specific Application by typing part of its name in the search field NOTE : Don't forget to Save
The Managed Apps selection list includes only the Applications approved in your Managed Play Store. Check the Help center Category Application management to manage your Play Store.
Step 2: Manage the selected Applications
You have the following App management options:
- Tick "Kiosk" box if you wish to install the App on the Kiosk. This option is only available if Kiosk mode is enabled for the profile.
- Tick "Disable" box if you wish to disable the App. The App will still be visible on the screen but Greyed out and not usable.
- Select the install type of the App:
- Preinstalled: To preinstall the App on the device. The user can uninstall it anytime.
- Force installed: To force instal the App on the device. This means that it cannot be uninstalled by the user.
- Available: To list the App in the Managed Google Play accessible from the device. The user can install and uninstall the App anytime
- Blocked: To be used in Blacklist mode => to block the installation of a Public app available in the Google Play Store.
- App menu:
- Access the App Managed configurations, as made available by the App vendor. These App configurations apply to all devices of the profile and only to the devices of this profile.
- Access the App Permissions Settings, as made available by the App vendor. These App settings apply to all devices of the profile and only to the devices of this profile.
- Remove the Application from the Profile. The Application stays available in the Managed Apps list for future selection in Profiles.