What is Android zero-touch enrollment?
Zero-touch enrollment is a streamlined process for Android devices to be provisioned for enterprise management. On first boot, devices check to see if they’ve been assigned an enterprise configuration. If so, the device initiates the fully managed device provisioning method and downloads the associated WizyEMM profile, which then completes setup of the managed device.
Android zero-touch enrollment offers a seamless deployment method for corporate-owned Android devices making large scale roll-outs fast, easy and secure for organizations, IT and employees. Zero-touch makes it simple to configure devices online and have them shipped with enforced management so employees can open the box and get started.
What are zero-touch requirements?
To use zero-touch enrollment, you’ll need to purchase compatible devices running Android Oreo (8.0) or above, or Pixel phone with Android Nougat (7.0).
Additionally, all devices running Android 9 and above are zero-touch compatible.
You'll also need to work with a zero-touch reseller.
The list of all compatible devices is available here. (for Android versions 8)
How to configure zero-touch for WizyEMM?
Once you have contacted your Android zero-touch reseller, he will create your zero-touch customer account. Your reseller will then register your devices to your zero-touch account, by uploading the IMEIs or Serial Numbers of your devices in his reseller portal. You will then have to choose an EMM configuration to go with these devices. Once the EMM configuration saved, your devices will automatically enroll in the chosen configuration upon factory reset.
You can configure your zero-touch enrollments either from your zero-touch customer portal, or directly from within WizyEMM.
To configure your zero-touch enrollments from your zero-touch customer portal
- Access your zero-touch customer portal here
- Go to the Configurations tab and create a new configuration
- Choose "Wizy EMM - Android Device Policy" as the EMM DPC
- From your WizyEMM profile, copy the Enrollment Token value. This token is found below the QR code in the enrollment tab of your profile, and is a chain of 20 letters.
- Fill in the DPC Extras field with the following code bloc, by ensuring to replace ENROLLMENT_TOKEN_VALUE with the value of your enrollment token.
- Your configuration settings should look like this
- Add in your company name, support email address, support phone number and custom message. These will appear on your devices during enrollment.
- Confirm the configuration creation
- Once your zero-touch reseller has registered your devices on his reseller portal, they will appear in the Devices tab of your zero-touch portal
- In the Devices tab of your zero-touch portal, assign the configuration to your devices
To configure your zero-touch enrollments from your WizyEMM console
You can now easily configure your zero-touch enrollments from your WizyEMM console.
- In the WizyEMM console, click on the Zero-Touch tab, under Enrollment.
- Connect to the zero-touch iframe with a Google account
- Link your zero-touch account to WizyEMM by following the steps
To check out more information about Android zero-touch, download the zero-touch data sheet from Google.