If you are experiencing issues with the Remote Control feature not working (e.g., session is created but the device is not displayed on the console, etc.) here is what you can do:
Capture a bug report using adb
You will need a USB cable, to connect your device to your computer.
- Open the Android SDK platform tools.
- In the Downloads section, choose the SDK Platform Tools that are appropriate for your workstation.
- On your workstation, open the Downloads folder and uncompress platform-tools file that was downloaded in the previous step.
- Make a note of the directory that adb is downloaded in i.e. /Downloads/adb.
Enable adb report
To use adb with a device connected over USB, you must enable USB debugging in the device system settings, under Developer options.
On Android 4.2 and higher, the Developer options screen is hidden by default.
- To make it visible, locate the device Build number in the device Settings app. This may vary by device and OS version, but can often be found in the About phone section.
- Once located, tap Build number seven times.
- Return to the previous screen to find Developer options at the bottom. (On some devices, the Developer options screen might be located or named differently i.e. under System > Advanced > Developer options on the Pixel).
- From your WizyEMM console, enable the policy Allow debugging features on the profile of the device.
- From your device, open the Developer menu and turn USB debugging on.
- Once complete, connect a USB cable from your workstation to your device. If the device has never been connected to your workstation previously a pop-up will appear asking if it's OK to allow debugging. If the pop-up doesn’t appear, open Terminal and write adb devices to force the pop-up message on the device.
- On the device, check the box to always allow USB debugging.
Generate a bug report
- Open a command line terminal. On a Mac or Linux workstation, it's the Terminal app, on a Windows workstation, it is the Command prompt.
- Use the cd (change directory) command to reach the platform-tools folder where adb is located e.g. cd /Users/Username/Downloads/Tools.
- Input the following command:
$ adb pull sdcard/Android/data/app.wizyemm.eu.companion/files/logs/customer_sdklog0.txt
- Once you have saved the file, you can send it to our help center channel along with screenshots of the issue and some context from your side.