What are Smart Labels?
Smart labels are labels which you can attach or link a Wi-Fi network so that the device can automatically connect to the network without having to configure everything inside a profile.
How does it work?
It works the same way as a normal label, but with the added Wi-Fi network when you create one.
- You have 10 devices enrolled to one profile
- However, you want your devices to be connected to different wi-fi networks because your devices are deployed to different locations
- And you don't want to configure the profile to display multiple wi-fi networks which can cause issues (i.e., privacy or security issues)
- Create a new label
- Link an existing wi-fi network (from the Wi-Fi Configuration page on your console)
- Then assign it to your device
To know that you are using a Smart Label, you will see a wi-fi icon inside the label. For example:
* Please take note that disabling the wi-fi configuration policy while using a Smart Label comes with limitations: when a device is not within reach of the wi-fi network and the wi-fi configuration policy is disabled, the device will not receive updates from the console until you are connected to the wi-fi network set.
** Please also note that the wi-fi network set inside a Smart Label linked to a REGISTERED device cannot be used for the device enrollment.