What is Knox Service Plugin?
Knox Service Plugin (KSP) is an OEMConfig app with which you can configure Samsung specific features on Knox Platform for Enterprise (KPE) enabled devices. With WizyEMM, IT Admins can remotely configure Samsung device settings by modifying the KSP configurations on the EMM console and distributing it to the devices.
Samsung devices running Android 8.0 or above with Knox 3.0 or later, if enrolled as Device Owner or devices running Android 9.0 or later with Knox 3.2.1 or above when enrolled as Profile Owner.
To configure your Samsung devices, please follow these guidelines:
- Open the Applications tab of your WizyEMM profile, click on the Choose Application button and add the Knox Service Plugin app.
- Set the Install Type to Force Installed.
- Click the Configuration link to open the app managed configuration.
- Update the managed configuration then click the blue Submit button.
- Save the profile by clicking the blue Save button on the top right of the screen.
To check if a configuration was properly applied on a specific Samsung device (aka the Feedback Channel):
- From the Device List page, select a device then click on it to display the details page.
- From the details page, click on the Application Logs tab.
- Possibly filter the list by typing Knox Service Plugin in the Filter field.
- It’s also possible to browse the application logs of all devices at once by heading to the Application Logs menu entry, under Fleet Management.