What is Knox Service Plugin?
Knox Service Plugin (KSP) is an OEMConfig app with which you can configure Samsung specific features on Knox Platform for Enterprise (KPE) enabled devices. With WizyEMM, IT Admins can remotely configure Samsung device settings by modifying the KSP configurations on the EMM console and distributing it to the devices.
Knox Service Plugin Admin Guide
The complete KSP admin guide is available here. This guide offers a detailed explanation of how KSP works and how to configure its policies.
Samsung devices running Android 8.0 or above with Knox 3.0 or later, if enrolled as Device Owner or devices running Android 9.0 or later with Knox 3.2.1 or above when enrolled as Profile Owner.
To configure your Samsung devices, please follow these guidelines:
- Activate the Samsung Knox integration on your WizyEMM instance, by toggling on the "Show Samsung" option on Configurations > Advanced > OEM Integrations tab
- Open the Knox tab of your WizyEMM profile. Here you can directly access the managed configurations of KSP
- Update the managed configuration
- Save the profile by clicking the blue Save button on the top right of the screen.
To check if a configuration was properly applied on a specific Samsung device (aka the Feedback Channel):
- From the Device List page, select a device then click on it to display the details page.
- From the details page, click on the Knox Logs tab.
- It’s also possible to browse the application logs of all devices at once by heading to the Application Logs menu entry, under Fleet Management.